FLASHBACK! Those who are surprised, don’t know what is coming — Mailafia

This was the news earlier this year

Former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Dr Obadiah Mailafia, has said it will be unfortunate if Nigerians still cannot see the handwriting on the wall as insecurity continue to plague the country.

Obadiah in an interview with The Punch Newspaper on Thursday, once again, alleged that the ongoing security challenges facing the country is the aftermath of a well thought-out plan by certain individuals in the North, to take power away from the South.

He said many of the bandits currently troubling the country, were originally sponsored to ensure former President Goodluck Jonathan by all means, never retains his seat beyond 2015.

He said, “During the 2015 elections they brought in thousands of foreigners into this country, armed them because it was a case of if Goodluck Jonathan doesn’t surrender, there will be war. They were ready for civil war; they were not ready for peace.

“Of course, Jonathan handed over to them and then they turned their backs on the hoodlums and the hoodlums said ‘look, you brought us here and we are still here’.”

This isn’t the first time Mailafia made such weighty allegation against Northern powers, in the country.

Last year, in the height of the covid-19 pandemic and the scorch of months of lockdown, the Presidential candidate of the African Democratic Congress in the last election, also alleged without mentioning a name, that one of North’s Governors, is the sponsor of Boko Haram.

He said, “Some of us also have our intelligence networks. I have met with some of the bandits; we have met with some of their high commanders – one or two who have repented – they have sat down with us not once, not twice.

“They told us that one of the northern governors is the commander of Boko Haram in Nigeria. Boko Haram and the bandits are one and the same. They have a sophisticated network. During this lockdown their planes were moving up and down as if there was no lockdown.

“They were moving ammunition, moving money, and distributing them across different parts of the country.”

He also said Boko Haram had already infiltrated southern Nigeria, adding that their plan was to spark a second civil war.

The former CBN deputy governor, who holds a PhD from Oxford University in the United Kingdom, said he was not one to make spurious and unfounded allegations.

He added, “They are already in the South, in the rain forests of the South. They are everywhere. They told us that when they finish these rural kiIIings, they will move to phase two. Phase two is that they will go into urban cities, going from house to house kiIIing prominent people. I can tell you this is the game plan.

“By 2022, they want to start a civil war in Nigeria. Don’t joke with what I am saying I have a PhD from Oxford University. I am a central banker, we don’t talk nonsense . I have this from the highest authority, some of the commanders of Boko Haram,” he added.

Mailafia also said he was convinced that some foreign powers were behind the bandits.

“There are certain world powers that want to destroy our country. That is what I believe. There was a container load of weapons that were brought in from Turkey. Another time some were brought in from Iran. But nobody probed further and everything was swept under the carpet and that was the end of it,” he said.

Facebook Comments

Simon Ekpa

Simon Ekpa LL.M (Master of Laws) is a human rights activist, CEO, senior legal advisor at Ekpa & Co Oy, legal researcher, author, analyst, Finnish politician, Biafra agitator and a Finnish Military reserve.
Back to top
%d bloggers like this: